Monday 21 October 2013

This week's discovery

  This weeks been...well, not the best of weeks, which is partially why I haven't written  for so long.

  There's just one thing I've learnt from all the trouble this week that I hope we can all learn from, and it is that not everything is permanent. Things you think would be a constant in your life, whether its something you depend on or just something you love, we take them for advantage. We've all heard the phrase 'you don't know what you've got until its gone', and usually it's coming from an older and wiser persons' mouth, but no matter how well equipt you are for what can go wrong, there's always something you're not quite prepared for or you didn't expect to be taken away from you.

  It's human nature to take advantage of things, and it's incredibly easy to do. I know I don't appreciate how lucky I am most of the time, it's not for lack of trying. Sometimes I simply forget-but that's okay, I just need to try harder to appreciate the simplicity of my life and all the opportunities that I'm given. This week has also taught me that you really have to work to maintain all those things you love, because sometimes they're not handed to you on a plate- this week my friends have been the perfect example of this!

  Hannah Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment